Cocktail: Waterfront Margarita
Our favorite cocktails of the moment are often inspired by the season. During the summer months in New England, our family spends a lot of time along the seashore. With sand between our toes and the salty air blowing through our hair, the perfect cocktail must be refreshing and relaxed.
Jason has been chomping at the bit to create a drink with fresh watermelon. As with any cocktail he creates, he is looking to add an unexpected flavor or handcrafted touch and this libation has both! The jalapeño adds a surprising kick against the refreshing watermelon and the addition of fresh basil leaves marries the two with its nod towards both the peppery and sweet sides.
Whether you pour this cocktail seaside, lakeside or on your back deck this summer, make sure to check out Wendy Lane Bailey's musical suggestion below and we hope you are at least metaphorically able to sail off into the sunset!
xoxo Karen June & Jason
3 oz Watermelon Juice
2 oz Tequila
1 oz Agave Nectar
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
2 Slices of Jalapeño
6 Basil Leaves
Frozen Watermelon Cubes
- Cube half of a Watermelon.
- Add to a blender and blend until liquified.
- Strain with coarse strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
- Muddle Basil Leaves and Jalapeño Slices in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add liquid ingredients and a handful of Ice Cubes.
- Shake and strain into a Sea Salt rimmed glass.
- For an extra indulgence, cube the reminder of watermelon and freeze. Add to your drink to keep it cool.
Close your eyes, take a sip, and sail off into the sunset with Kate Rusby. Love, Wendy
Follow Wendy Lane Bailey, Little Yellow Couch's Musical Consultant each month as she infuses a bit of music into each of our themes!