Cocktail: Black & White Martini
I have to admit, I was stumped when I got to this month's signature cocktail. A photography inspired cocktail .... hmmm. Of course Zandra immediately suggested a Black and White theme as a nod to B&W photography. Brilliant! Of course! Hmmmm... how are we going to do that? So, I presented the theme and idea to my mixologist husband Jason and before I could have another moment of worry, he was off to concoct a Blackberry and White Chocolate Martini. He's a cocktail genius! Oh and yes, I totally noticed that its pink. Shoosh and drink up.
Karen June & Jason
Blackberry Liqueur Ingredients
- 16 oz Blackberries
- 4 oz Raspberries
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups apple jack brandy
- 1 cup Vodka
- Heat water and sugar in a pan on stovetop until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put Blackberries and Raspberries into a mason jars or other air tight containers.
- Muddle the berries
- Add cooled sugar/water mixture, brandy and vodka.
- Store in a cool dark place for one to three weeks. Agitate at least weekly.
- After the aging, strain through mesh filter and bottle.
Black and White Martini
2oz Double Chocolate Vodka
2oz Blackberry Liqueur
2oz Godiva White
Combine over ice in shaker, shake and strain into Martini glass. Garnish with fresh blackberries.