DIY: Sweater Clips from Clip-On Earrings
In case you hadn't noticed, our theme for this month is "Bookish," and we're channeling our inner "vintage librarian" in preparation for our upcoming social. We think you'll agree that every classy librarian sports a clip to hold her cardigan in place. We love bringing back an outdated accessory and making it fresh and modern. We're really digging these clips because they dress up a sweater in a fun, unexpected way. Take a look:
Each set is made with clip-on earrings, a chain or two, and some beads. All you need are basic jewelry tools and our DIY instructions to make your own.
If you don't have the time or inclination to make your own, then you need to hear about our newest endeavor... Most of the things we're making for the Little Yellow Couch blog will now be on sale in our SHOP! Limited numbers, (we're only making enough for the posts so these are truly unique items). You can now have a piece of LYC and all of the storytelling behind everything we're doing. We hope you're as excited as we are!
xoxo Karen June & Zandra
Pair of Clip-On Earrings with Holes in Clip (Many are designed this way, but some are not)
7 mm Jump Rings (We love Supply Pusher for our findings)
4 mm Jump Rings 21 gauge Eye Pins
Beads (We love Beads 'N Supplies)
Needle Nose Pliers with Wire Cutters
Round Nosed Pliers
- Gather materials.
- Add a bead to an Eye Pin and cut the end leaving about 3/8" at the end.
- Using round nosed pliers, create a loop at the end of the wire. Your bead will now have a loop on either end keeping it in place.
- Create a number of bead links and connect using 4mm jump rings. Our chain is approximately 5 1/2" long.
- Attach the beaded chain to the clip-on earrings using 7mm jump rings. We chained three together on each end to avoid any beads being covered by the earrings.
- Clip onto any collar or cardigan!
See this project and add your own DIYs here: