Crazy About ... Cocktails - Sochi Mule
At Little Yellow Couch, we are busy being" Crazy About ... "a lot of things this month - including cocktails! We set my mixologist husband, Jason, to the task of creating a cocktail that would be fitting of our theme. Inspired by the Olympics, he created the Sochi Mule - a handcrafted take on the Moscow Mule. This cocktail features a mint ginger simple syrup that in our opinion will take the Gold! In fact, we are "Crazy About ..." it!
Karen June & Jason
Mint Ginger Simple Syrup
- 4 oz. Fresh Ginger (sliced thin)
- 1 oz. Package Fresh Mint (leaves removed from stems)
- 2 c. Turbinado Raw Sugar
- 8 c. Water
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add ginger and mint.
- Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Strain and return liquid to saucepan.
- Add sugar and return to a simmer stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Once dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
4 oz. Mint Ginger Simple Syrup
2 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Club Soda
Pour over ice in copper mug. Cheers!