This month at Little Yellow Couch, we are looking for ways to REfresh our homes, our wardrobes and our lives. As we prepare for our Clothing Swap party later this month, we are sifting through our closets ... setting aside the items that we don't love and making room for the things that we do. We are also looking for ways to freshen up our drawers and closets and these lavender sachets are sure to do the trick.
2/3 part rice
1/3 part dried lavender
4 x 6" muslin drawstring bag (We recommend Celestial Gifts)
Cardboard (to use as blotter)
Pencil with unused eraser
Multipurpose Acrylic Paint (We recommend Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paints)
White Card Stock
1. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside your muslin bag. This is just to be used as a blotter for any excess paint that might seep through the fabric.
2. Dip your pencil eraser in the paint and stamp a dot 1/2" from the edge of the bag and every 1/2" after that. We started with our fresh green color at the base and then alternated rows with a metallic glitter paint offsetting our dots as we went. (Tip: Turn your bag upside down while working so that you start at the base of the bag and work your way down towards the drawstring. This will keep you from smudging your paint.)
3. Remove the cardboard and puff out linen bag to allow the painted layer to dry separately. Set aside.
4. Mix your 2/3 part rice with your 1/3 part dried lavender. Once your paint is dry, add this mixture to your bag. We filled ours about 2/3 of the way full.
5. Pull drawstring tight and attach our printable REfresh tag.
6. Add to your dresser drawers or closet to keep your clothes smelling fresh. Lavender is also a natural moth deterrent.