Top 10 (Mostly) Useless Facts about Karen June
xoxo Karen June
Top 10 (Mostly) Useless facts about Karen June
1. The only thing I’ve ever intentionally stolen was interior design samples from my pre-school craft bin. (clearly none of the other kids understood the aesthetic value of these).
2. I adore Valentine’s Day ... the kitschier the better! Remember how people used to place ads in the newspaper for their sweethearts? I used to pour over those on the 14th wishing one was for me.
3. I’ve grown gladiolas competitively ... but really who hasn’t?
4. I’m terrified of change ... from moving furniture to traveling abroad, so I do both constantly to keep me on my toes.
5. I’ve always wanted a pet goat since childhood friends had one that was allowed in their house.
6. Strangers constantly tell me their problems or think I work at stores I’m shopping in. I still think its important to smile at people.
7. There is nothing better than clean sheet day. (Did you know Oprah’s staff changes her sheets every other day for optimum crispy clean-sheetness? Is that a word?)
8. I toured the world as a teenager with a touring orchestra playing violin and cello.
9. I’ve modeled my handmade clothing as a mannequin model.
10. I’ve always wanted a house with a dumb waiter. My Great Aunts Mary & Harriet lived in a huge old house with a dumb waiter and missed out on its inherent possibilities by insisting on using their stairs.